Sunday, February 20, 2011

If someone isn't there for you anymore, you have to let him go.

2/20/2011

Sunday Secrets



PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people
mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard.















-----Email-----
Hey Frank,
I don't know if you realize this or not but the sixth most searched term on Google right now is 158.723.








-----Email-----
I used to work in a library, and I saved everything I ever found in the books from plane tickets to wedding vow drafts. I just moved to a foreign country and brought those things with me to help me feel less alone.


PostSecret Community






-----Email-----
This reminds me of my other favorite Blog 1,000 Awesome Things.




-----Email-----
I think about sex with you when I see your art.







See More Secrets. Follow PostSecret on Twitter.






-----Email-----
I think my mailman is hot! Are you single?













This heartbreaking voicemail recording was shared with me last week. Although I have never believed in holding back secrets, I feel torn about posting this one. Like the young man who gave it to me, I'm haunted by what I could have said to my friend Dave before he took his life.

Here is the email that came with the voicemail-

This is the last thing I heard from my girlfriend in January of 2009. It was right before she took her own life. I didn't answer the phone because I was in class, and have regretted it ever since.

..


HopeLine and PostSecret have teamed up to launch IMAlive in 30 days.IMAlive will be the world's first virtual crisis network where 100% of the volunteers are trained and certified in crisis intervention. Visit IMAlive




-----Email-----
Last year I received a phone call that my son's father had attempted suicide while in Iraq. I haven't given in to the tears, but after hearing this recording, I let them flow and it helped. I blamed myself for the last year for his choice while he moved on. I think I am finally ready to do the same. Thank You


Share71K

HopeLine

Call 1(800)SUICIDE [1(800)784-2433] for help, day or night.




-----Email Message-----

Frank,

This past Friday night I found myself in a black hole of depression and I didn't know how I was going to make it through the night. Not knowing where to turn and feeling like I couldn't stop. I remembered seeing theHopeline phone number in the front of your book. I talked with someone there for 2 and a half hours and I truly feel that they saved my life.

Thank you for the book, thank Hopeline for being there, and thank the people that send in their postcards so that others know they are not alone with their secrets.



-Casie (with permission)



2/13/2011

LivingVoices




(email sent 2-9-11)

Frank,
My great-grandmother always made certain to call me every year on my birthday to sing to me. As I grew older, I failed to appreciate it as much.

My birthday is next week and I just came across the clip that was shared of someone's grandma singing to them for their birthday. If you could, thank her for sharing because it helped fill a hole I've had in my heart for several years.

I have tears streaming down my cheeks, the happy kind and a few of the sad kind. Just feeling very thankful for the phone calls I did get and planning to continue the tradition with my nieces and nephew so maybe they'll have a clip like that one day.




(email and voice mail sent 2-3-11)

After my grandmother passed away I saved a voice mail of her singing "It's somebody's birthday" on my phone. It means a lot to me that she always called on my birthday to sing me this song. This particular recording is still sent out to every member of my family on their birthday. She passed away in October of 2009.

..


Share your LivingVoice with the PostSecret Community and the world. Use the link below, it's free and easy.

Send us your sounds

<[[iframe]] style="border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; width: 450px; height: 80px; " mce_style="border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; width: 450px; height: 80px; " mce_style="border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; width: 450px; height: 80px; " mce_style="border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; width: 450px; height: 80px; " mce_style="border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; width: 450px; height: 80px; " allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.postsecret.com%2F&layout=standard&show_faces=true&width=450&action=like&colorscheme=light&height=80">..

No comments:

Post a Comment