So next on our list was ice cream at Dairy Haus. Had to get some of their butter pecan ice cream. So we made it back home and I had started to clean up the back yard. We got a letter from the city that day stating that we needed to clean up the weeds in the alley way. When we moved in 10 years ago we had blacktop in the alley now there is nothing but weeds and grass. I personally think this is the city's fault. If we had nice blacktop then there would be no weeds. Everyone else in this neighborhood has a nice alley but us.
My next door neighbor said that everyone on the block pretty much got the same letter. Then when I was back there I ended up smashing my middle finger between two rocks. I thought it was nothing at first then it started to throb and i ended up coming inside and wakening Jason up at 7am to help me get an ice pack, ect..
Saturday night Eric called and asked us to join Renee and him to dinner and a movie. We went to Texas Roadhouse and then to the movie "The grownups" Jason ended up leaving his cellphone on his seat and on the way home we got a called from Connie saying that someone called her to say they had his phone. Jason called his phone from mine and told the person that they could just leave it at the desk but they said that's okay they would just wait for him to come back. So we were convinced that they just wanted to make sure they got a finder fee for the phone and when we got there Jason offered he $10 but she wouldn't take it. After that I'm not sure what she insisted on handing it to him herself??
Once the kids made it back from camping it was a pretty low key 4th of July. We went over to my Mom's for a few hours swimming and then cooked out with Jason's brother Chris. Then it was time to light a few fireworks before heading to our favorite spot.
Tasha and John meet up with us down there and it turned out to be a great spot. Later we went back home and lit the works off. Our neighbors came home and told us a few of them were a "little bit to close for comfort" which I think ticked Jason off. So we just stuck to the smaller ones and now we have a bunch left over.
No comments:
Post a Comment