So I'm still on that darn book and going to share a little bit more with ya...
"Would you kindly turn yourself inside out, so that your lungs and heart and offal will be on the outside and the whole universe will be on the inside? And emotionally, will you do the same?"
"You can let yourself off the hook anytime you want. That's the divine contract of a little something we call free will."
"It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away."
"Guilt is just your ego"s way of tricking you into thinking that you"re making moral progress. Don't fall for it."
"We have hands; we can stand on them if we want to. That's our privilege. That's the joy of the mortal body. And that's why God needs us. Because God loves to feel things through our hands."
Oh why, Oh why does that last one touch me so deeply. Just brings me to tears every time I think about it, yet I can't explain it...
No comments:
Post a Comment