Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Well, we'll float on, good news is on the way


Anderson Japanese Gardens turned out to be a great place to take Jason's Dad. Rick had this really awesome new camera he had just gotten so I think he had lots of fun takes pictures of everything. After a walk in the gardens we ate at the restaurant. It was okay. I don't know what all the big fuss is about. It does have a wall of window so you can still look out into the gardens as you eat. 
Later that day Jason had to go to class and I was getting kinda stir crazy so I asked Rick if he would like to go take the kids for ice cream at the dairy haus. Oooh that ice cream is so good. I was having a hard time eating it though being so upset still about Ollie. After Rick left for the night I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bathroom and cried my eyes out. It's not that I don't want the kids to see me cry it's just I don't want to have to answer their questions about why I'm crying and then have them try to comfort me when all I want to do it get it out and feel better.
The next day Rick gave us a pet sympathy card and gave me a birthday card with some cash in it :-) So on top of my tears from reading the card I was so thankful for the birthday card and cash. 
Dextor seems to be ok and so are the kids. The only thing I notice with Dextor is that he doesn't want to stay outside alone for more than a couple of minutes. 
I'm not going to lie the last few days have been tough. I thought I was going to be so easy because he was old and I knew it was coming. Wrong! I look for him in his favorite spots and I feel like I forgot to let him in. I want to call to him to lick the last bits in my bowl. You know Ollie died exactly 1 week before my birthday. Took a walk with Dextor and the kids tonight. It was a nice night to do that for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment