Monday, June 28, 2010

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill





This morning was a tough one. I woke up around 4am because it was just so freakin hot in my room. So I thought I would go downstairs to sleep and check on Ollie because he didn't look so good last night. 
He was laying on his freshly washed and fluffed up dog bed. His tongue was sticking out and his eyes were open. He had passed sometime during the night. 
It's so crazy because I was talking to Jason's Dad last night about his dog that just passed in it's sleep and I said how I hoped that's how Ollie would go. It's like somehow in saying that I gave Ollie the ok to leave me. 
Now oh how I wished I knew yesterday was going to be the last day with him. I had thought he was getting a little bit better. He no longer was pooping in the house or peeing. But yesterday he peed 3 different times. I never would yell at him about it. I knew he couldn't help it. But hey that's what you do for someone you love.
Everyone seemed to have their own opinion about whether or not I should put him down... I had to just push on with what I felt in my heart was right and I'm so glad that he passed here with us on his favorite dog bed. 
Jason was really great.. He called my Dad to see if we could bury him over at his house and Jason wrapped him in a blanket and we put in him the trunk of the Saturn. My Dad stayed as Jason dug the hole and we all tossed in a hand full of dirt. 
Now I just have to get used to empty spaces that Ollie used to occupy. 
"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. "
(Mark Twain) 


No comments:

Post a Comment